The building was purchased in 2009 by Dr. Colette Szalay (an established chiropractor from Peterborough) and her husband, with the vision to create a multi-disciplinary healing space for the needs of the community. With the ever-growing interest in natural and alternative therapies in recent years, the idea was to have all the services under one roof to make it a convenient one-stop-shopping. The original building was quite old (built in 1938), and 3 therapists from the area already had a small clinic that operated out of the main floor. Within a short time the Natural Health Centre name was established and Dr. Szalay just finished her maternity leave and began offering her chiropractic services. Several years later and after 2 major renovations (much of it being the creative design of her husband Scott) that lasted almost 2 years each, the clinic has been modernized and expanded to 2 floors, with now 10 office rooms and 14 various people working in the building either offering health therapies or other professional services, including not-for-profit organizations.