Rachel is a holistic and integrated psychotherapist. This means that she considers the whole person (mind, body, spirit, and relationships) when addressing problems, symptoms and goals.
Her approach is individually tailored to the circumstances, interests and goals of each client, but she is informed by and often employs tools from the following psychotherapeutic modalities:
• Internal Family Systems Therapy (IFS)
• Somatic Psychotherapy
• Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
• Narrative Therapy
• Nature-Based Therapy
With Rachel, you can work together to build your inner field guide, which can include activities like:
• Mapping your internal landscape (soul) and getting to know all the different internal characters (subpersonalities) that inhabit it, building a foundation for self-understanding, self-acceptance, and ultimately, self-leadership.
• Enhancing the communication pathways between your body and mind to increase your ability to regulate emotions and mindfully embrace life and its challenges.
• Reparenting work to enhance your ability to self-regulate your destructive impulses, create and hold healthy boundaries, and keep the promises you make to yourself.
• Inner-child work to increase joy, hope, and motivation, and to process childhood trauma or unresolved issues from the past.
• Developing a sense of belonging and rootedness through relationships with others and with nature.
Rachel believes that healing requires self-leadership, balance, and regulation. For her, therapy is about sinking down deep roots of purpose, understanding our emotional responses, and remembering the ways that we experience joy so that we can survive the storms of life.
Rachel is a Registered Psychotherapist (with the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario) and a Canadian Certified Counsellor (with the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association). She has a master’s degree in Counselling Psychology, an undergraduate degree in Anthropology, and a diploma in Social Service Work. She lives in Madawaska Valley with her partner, stepsons, and dog, and spends her free time reading or adventuring the beautiful, wild landscapes around her.